• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MBNA Credit Card shambles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBNA Credit Card shambles

I just received a phone call from MBNA in India. I spoke to a nice lady called Sarah who wanted to ask me some questions about my MBNA credit card.

I don't have an MBNA credit card

I tried to explain that I didn't have such a card, but she just wanted to finish her script. Eventually I was put through to her supervisor Joseph Ryan (I just love those typical Indian names) and spent 10 minutes trying to explain that because they believe I have the card and in reality I don't have the card, that this is a serious problem. Joseph (I wonder if he as a multicolored coat), seemed to think that this was not a problem.

I'd repeat the details, me no card, you think me have card but no joy. I was getting frustrated very frustrated and resorted to saying "Do you understand?" after ever sentence. He seem to take offense at this and threatened to cut me off for my bad language, in the end I gave up.

I found a number for MBNA in the UK and phoned themeventually I spoke to a nice girl who was very friendly and helpful, but needed some personal details like WORK PHONE NUMBER and PASSWORD to enter the account, surprisingly I had neither, but then the scary bit happened, I was hit with the full force MBNA's security with 2 killer questions.

What is your Date of Birth?
    What is your Postcode?

The answers to these questions gave the girl full access to the account, and from this point forward I was treated as the account owner.

FFS:
    What is your Date of Birth? +What is your Postcode? = FULL ACCESS to account
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Confused - so you do have an account? Or are you saying MBNA have set you up with a credit card you didn't apply for?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Confused - so you do have an account? Or are you saying MBNA have set you up with a credit card you didn't apply for?
      Oh dear SAS read the bit at the end re how easy it was to get access to the account.

as it turned out, it was a CC that I had in 2004 that I ceased but was still taken over by MBNA, but they failed to tell me ......
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        as it turned out, it was a CC that I had in 2004 that I ceased but was still taken over by MBNA, but they failed to tell me ......
        It would have helped if you'd told us that, THEN banged on about them getting into your account - which according to the rest of your original post, you didn't have.

Comment

I'd have just hung up and saved myself getting into a flap
          mmmmm stella

Comment

I must say that I thought it was going to finish with an identity fraud scam, as in someone got your details and got a card.

I got stung for 10k+ last year, which the card company covered luckily.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              It would have helped if you'd told us that, THEN banged on about them getting into your account - which according to the rest of your original post, you didn't have.
              Hysterical women, eh?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Hysterical women, eh?
                They're laughing at you, not with you assguru...
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                  They're laughing at you, not with you assguru...
                  Eh? what are you banging on about?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

it's amazing how stressful phone calls to financial institutions can be...

(apart from cater allen of course)

Comment

Working...
                    X