• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Normal Umbrella Company cost?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal Umbrella Company cost?

I am currently overseas. Will be arriving in the UK shortly and will work in London. I will be working as a contractor through an umbrella company. This nameless company want to charge me about $2300 p.a. Is this a normal rate? Anyone come across any other umbrellas that are reliable but cheaper?

Originally posted by yamamma
    I am currently overseas. Will be arriving in the UK shortly and will work in London. I will be working as a contractor through an umbrella company. This nameless company want to charge me about $2300 p.a. Is this a normal rate? Anyone come across any other umbrellas that are reliable but cheaper?
    #

Ddo you mean that they want to charge you 1200 pounds or are you using the dollar sign a s a proxy for the pound?

As long as it is deducted monthly and not an up front charge, 1200 pounds this is a normal amount (note that I didn't say reasonable).

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
      #

Ddo you mean that they want to charge you 1200 pounds or are you using the dollar sign a s a proxy for the pound?

As long as it is deducted monthly and not an up front charge, 1200 pounds this is a normal amount (note that I didn't say reasonable).

tim
      Way too much! Wow that is alot of money for so little. I agree with tim123 and you should send me a PM and I will give you my accountant details.

B
      Brobi
      Promoting: Complete Contractor as they have helped me!

Comment

If you go with Parasol it will cost you around £743 per anum.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. Its actually 2300 pounds. They must have seen "sucker" painted on my forehead as I am out of country and have never previously been to the UK.

Comment

and its deducted monthly

Comment

I think one of the cheapest deals on the market at the moment has to be from 'Go Umbrella', they are currently offering their service at a fixed rate of £10 per week ($20 to you ) so I guess you wouldn't spend much more than £480 per annum on fees with them assuming you take a minimum of 4 weeks holidays a year

Comment

Originally posted by lilfreckles
                If you go with Parasol it will cost you around £743 per anum.
                per annum (unless you actually mean £743 per anus).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                  per annum (unless you actually mean £743 per anus).
                  Yeah I think he does

Mind you it might be worth checking F7 yourself Old Greg!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bangface
                    I think one of the cheapest deals on the market at the moment has to be from 'Go Umbrella', they are currently offering their service at a fixed rate of £10 per week ($20 to you ) so I guess you wouldn't spend much more than £480 per annum on fees with them assuming you take a minimum of 4 weeks holidays a year
                    Does anyone know anything about GO Umbrella, as that is a great deal but how reliable are they?

Comment

Working...
                    X