• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electronic timesheet solution and Invoicing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic timesheet solution and Invoicing

My pimp has recently announced with much fanfare and pomp that they are rolling out an internet based electronic timesheet solution to save the hassle of dealing with faxes.

Have read previous posts on here about self billing and the likes but still a little unsure.

Am I best to use the electronic timesheet but also send them an invoice for the same amount?

Or should I try to refuse to have anything to do with the electronic one and insist on just submitting invoices by fax?

I beleive that I'm liable for any VAT errors and am not sure how the electronic timesheet allows me to claim the VAT.

Cheers,
    Alan

If you're concerned about VAT calculation errors, check the VAT calculations on each invoice created on your behalf and query any peculiarities with the pimp.

As for claiming VAT, their solution should allow you to print out a VAT invoice from their system - if you're lucky you'll be able to use your own invoice numbering scheme too. Then it's just a matter of printing it out and filing it with your "normal" invoices.

Comment

I have no such pimp pomp. But I had a few problems getting paid VAT at first and then had to raise a credit note and reinvoice for the unpaid VAT. I'm not sure I'd have wanted the agency to be in charge of the invoices as it was tricky to get it sorted as it was - and my agency is otherwise very good at everything. Having said that, I'm not sure what choice you will have.

Comment

I always do both.
        For my Records. What the pimp does with the invoice is thier problem.
        threenine.co.uk
        Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

My pimp has just rolled out the same system (they wouldn't happen to begin with an 'R' would they?!).

I've said I'm happy to use the system, but I will still submit an invoice with VAT. They agency are actually quite good compared to most of the dross out there, and always send my company confirmation of payment in respect to the invoices (and invoice numbers) that my company sends to them. I'm pretty sure they will carry on in this respect even with their super whizzy online timesheets.
          in full control

Comment

You could always do your own invoices anyway for your own records. My last pimp did everything via email. Save invoice and timesheet as a PDF then mail off. Makes things so much easier. Always paid on time too.

Comment

Invoices and Timesheets should be treated seperatly
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
              X