• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road pricing bill before Commons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road pricing bill before Commons

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6678915.stm

So, despite something like 1.8m signatories to an online petition against this policy, it comes a step further. Listening to the government's response on Radio 4 this morning, it seems they are at pain to assure us that the money raised would be reinvested in public trasport (yeah, bit like road tax goes to maintaing the roads!).

My question is, do we eally want to use public transport when you risk having to sit on a bus or train with someone playing their ipod full blast through their headphones to the point you can also hear the crap they're listening to. Or people who play music on their mobiles phone so loud everyone can hear it. Or people who still smoke on the top decks of buses when drivers can't be arsed to challenge them. Do we remember the lad who was stabbed to death on a bus by a guy who threw food at his girlfriend?

I'm safer in my car, thanks.

We'll make people register their car's at the post office before travelling!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Resist before it is too late
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Why is it that you are all so set against legislation to make life more difficult for terrorists and child molesters?

Have you something to hide?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

So...1.8m people say.."we don't want road pricing" and the govt says "Who cares, we are gonna do it any way"...FFS...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Why is it that you are all so set against legislation to make life more difficult for terrorists and child molesters?

Have you something to hide?
            How the feck does road pricing help in the war against terrorists or child molesters?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              How the feck does road pricing help in the war against terrorists or child molesters?
              you numpty, only poor people and chavs are terrorists and child molesters. Pricing them off the road is a significent weapon in our armoury. 1.8 million dung beetles cant be wrong, elephant tulip is good for you, im rambling now.stop it. my head hurts. moooottheeer.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Resistance is futile: you will be absorbed.
                Resistance is futile: you will be taxed!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
                  So...1.8m people say.."we don't want road pricing" and the govt says "Who cares, we are gonna do it any way"...FFS...
                  I'm not really clear why 1.8m blinkered idiots going onto a website and clicking a button should have earned any sort right to force the other 60 million of us to put up with their noise, smell, speed, psychopathic behaviour, obesity and general destruction of the countryside and clogging of towns.

Owning and running a private car is an outrageous luxury which people have got away with for way too long, and a feeble road pricing bill will go nowhere near as far as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
                    Owning and running a private car is an outrageous luxury which people have got away with for way too long, and a feeble road pricing bill will go nowhere near as far as it should.
                    Absolutely. Nobody should have the right to luxuries of any kind. What are we all thinking. I'm with you comrade.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X