• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Torygraph webtulipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torygraph webtulipe

Anyone else unable to access this?

Seems fine to me:

www.tory.com

I like the globalised, green turn they are taking.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yeah, I can't access it either. Getting DNS lookup error, but I've been to lazy to find out why.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Yeah, me too.

Problems at their end as it was down most of yesterday as well.

Comment

The Daily Telegraph website has been the victim of a mystery and destructive attack by hackers that has blocked access to the site over the last 24 hours.

The paper confirmed that its site had been the victim of a 'distributed denial of service attack' (DDoS), and that many readers had not been able to log on since yesterday morning.
          I thought DoS attacks were so passe

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle1824601.ece
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

B'Lair or el "that's not me in a nappy on that rockinghorse" Gordo ?
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
              Yeah, I can't access it either. Getting DNS lookup error, but I've been to lazy to find out why.
              I can't be bothered with any of those newspaper websites - Hellishly slow, riddled with horrible flashy ads (which sometimes make it impossible to save pages, in IE at least) and, worst of all, selective in what they include and for how long.

It's easy to find on the Web all the news that interests me. Practically the only reason I read the papers these days is for trivia and "curiousities", like letters from old timers with recollections or quotes that one wouldn't readily find on the web, and guess what - those are exactly the things which seem to be excluded from the websites.

(I wish a broadsheet newspaper executive would see this, and get their act together.)
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 May 2007, 19:00.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                I can't be bothered with any of those newspaper websites - Hellishly slow, riddled with horrible flashy ads (which sometimes make it impossible to save pages, in IE at least) and, worst of all, selective in what they include and for how long.

It's easy to find on the Web all the news that interests me.
                Genuinely curious: where? OK, Google & Yahoo but they just get news reports from agencies and newspapers. Do you have other good sources?

And what about news in depth? Meaning, at a minimum, news written by a professional journalist who will put it in perspective, make comparisons, recall relevant history, get the story behind it Maybe that doesn't interest you, dunno, but for me that is real news: the web equivalent of shallow TV news headlines is not for me, and that seems to be the bottom that much online stuff is heading for (not to mention most TV news but that's another story).
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I get all the news I need from here.

Comment

Working...
                  X