• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

KGB style poisioning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KGB style poisioning

So, we've concluded that the Ruskies are to blame for the Litvinenko poisoning, and are going to ask Moscow to extradite the suspect. Something which Russia has stated they will not do.

Why don't we just send MI5 over there with a radioactive substance and be done with it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6678887.stm

If you look back in your weblogs WW3 started about 2 years ago.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
      So, we've concluded that the Ruskies are to blame for the Litvinenko poisoning, and are going to ask Moscow to extradite the suspect. Something which Russia has stated they will not do.
      Not a case of will not, more can't

http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/...const/ch2.html

See article 61

Why don't we just send MI5 over there with a radioactive substance and be done with it?
      Probably better off with MI6, but otherwise good idea.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
        Not a case of will not, more can't

http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/...const/ch2.html

See article 61
        That's really interesting.

What would happen if Russia wanted someone extradited to them? Surely they are forfeiting any chance of that by having such a restrictive clause in their constitution?

Or did Putin stick no.61 in last week?!

Comment

No, it's not a good idea - using same methods as scumbags makes you just like them: Soviet Russia will certainly not let Lugovoi go anywhere, but this will be all the rational people around the world need to know about Soviet state's involvement in yet another assassionation.

If Lugovoi wants to live he will do the only smart thing he can - walk into British Embassy and ask for a polytical asylum with promise to cooperate with Scotland Yard on who exactly gave him orders to kill Litvinenko.

If he has not done so far this is most certainly because he was told that his family will die, being an assassin it is easy to believe they are not bluffing.

Comment

What would happen if Russia wanted someone extradited to them? Surely they are forfeiting any chance of that by having such a restrictive clause in their constitution?

It already is a sore point as they want to extradite blokes like Boris Berezovsky (who has asylum and stacks of cash) and it ain't happening hence the bond villan tactics.

Comment

Nope, there are plenty of people extradited back to Russia every year, and they are desperate to get a few oligarchs back from the UK - I think Berezovsky is top of the list...

- I think it's been in there for a while, but I wouldn't put it past him. There are murmurings that he's in the process of changing it to allow himself to stay more than his allotted two terms.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                If Lugovoi wants to live he will do the only smart thing he can - walk into British Embassy and ask for a polytical asylum with promise to cooperate with Scotland Yard on who exactly gave him orders to kill Litvinenko.

If he has not done so far this is most certainly because he was told that his family will die, being an assassin it is easy to believe they are not bluffing.

Comment

At least it keeps James Bond scriptwriters in business...

Comment

For more lovely chat on post-communist Russia visit

http://www.exile.ru/2007-May-18/feature_story.html

Comment

Working...
                    X