• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long does it take you to get to work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take you to get to work?

There seems a lot of anger on the board, so thought I'd suggest a nice trite poll, related to contracting, that we can all participate in peacefully!

How long does it take you got get to work on your current or last site (door to desk)?
    Less than 10 mins!
    15.07%
    10 - 30 mins
    15.07%
    30 - 60 mins
    30.14%
    60 -120 mins
    27.40%
    More than 2hrs!
    12.33%

W1 to the city,
    15 mins if tube (3 stops)
    or 35 mins walk.

Comment

Leave 1030 am Monday morning - arrive approx 9pm Moscow time (6pm UK) depending on traffic.

Do I win a prize?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I commute by bicycle and it depends on which client I off to, which way the wind is blowing, and if I get a puncture or not, but generally just over the 1 hour mark.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
          Leave 1030 am Monday morning - arrive approx 9pm Moscow time (6pm UK) depending on traffic.

Do I win a prize?
          You should.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule

Do I win a prize?
            yeah, for a 4 day week

Comment

Just over an hour - 4.5 miles walk. I pity the forlorn souls I see on the way, peering out of the bus windows, crammed in like sardines.

Comment

90-120 minutes, but that's over 100 miles. Do I win on average speed?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

An hour to drive 47 miles. It's shi* but marginally better than the Northern Line. My best commute was a 10 minute ferry ride on Sydney Harbour with a 5 min walk at the other end.

Comment

30 mins bus along euston road into marble arch

best commute 10km along auckland harbour (didn't matter if i drove, rode my bike or ran), but money wins hands down

Comment

Working...
                    X