• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long does it take you to get work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take you to get work?

....from looking, to securing your next gig????????

Originally posted by DGK
    6.519 seconds

Comment

my last one (the one i'm working on now) took 4 hours and started within a week. could have started earlier but wouldn't some time off
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

On average - a week

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Current one:

Finished on Weds, Interview on Fri, start on Monday.

Comment

My clients have to put their names onto a waiting list
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I service multiple clients at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
                Couple O' Weeks.

Then again I'm very choosey about which projects I take. Dont apply for them unless I think they are right and taking me in the direction that I want to go (no, seriously). I have a good plan B to fall back on.

Last contract finished 4 weeks ago, to be honest not looked that hard just been out and about in the lorry enjoynig the weather. I'd rather contract in the winter when its rubbish and haul machinery in the summer when its warm and I can be outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  Couple O' Weeks.
                  I'd rather contract in the winter when its rubbish and haul machinery in the summer when its warm and I can be outside.
                  Why, is it a convertible lorry? Does it have a targa roof?
                  Won't your Yorkie bars melt too quickly?

Comment

It has a big sun roof!

Well recently I'm doing machinery removals for a mate. Got to a lift last week was tramping (i.e. sleeping in the lorry stopping where ever the next load takes me).

Pickup in Gloucester, 4 hours POA waiting for the crane to sort its tulip out sat in the sun soaking it up. Take that stuff down to Nantes to be loaded bangalore bound (was knitting equipment) spin round and come back.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...8052007039.jpg

Not bad when the weather is like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X