• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

summer war fun.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

summer war fun.

What are the chances of a little accidental engagement?

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/arti...Tkr/GetContent

Nine U.S. warships carrying 17,000 personnel entered the Gulf on Wednesday in a show of force off Iran's coast that navy officials said was the largest daytime assembly of ships since the 2003 Iraq war.

Doomed, were all doomed!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

i wonder if the fleet commander has a better idea of where the iraqi/iranian sea border is...

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
        i wonder if the fleet commander has a better idea of where the iraqi/iranian sea border is...
        yeah, Im sure he knows exactly the line he has to cross.....

Comment

quick ... buy oil shares!!
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
            Doomed, were all doomed!

we're
            Property advisor for the people

Comment

Reminded me of an urban legend:

The U.S. Chief of Naval Operations on October 10, 1995, supposedly released this transcript1 of a radio conversation between a U.S. Navy ship and a Canadian source off the coast of Newfoundland in the fall of 1995.

Navy: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collison.

Civilian: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Navy: This is the Captain of a U.S. Navy ship. I say again, divert your course.

Civilian: No. I say again, you divert your course.

Navy: This is the Aircraft Carrier Enterprise. We are a large warship of the
              U.S. Navy. Divert your course now!

Civilian: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
              "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
                we're
                I was attempting to convey the Scottish accent of the original...

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
                  we're
                  No, he was quite right: we were all doomed, now we're totally fscked
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony
                    Reminded me of an urban legend:

The U.S. Chief of Naval Operations on October 10, 1995, supposedly released this transcript1 of a radio conversation between a U.S. Navy ship and a Canadian source off the coast of Newfoundland in the fall of 1995.

Navy: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collison.

Civilian: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Navy: This is the Captain of a U.S. Navy ship. I say again, divert your course.

Civilian: No. I say again, you divert your course.

Navy: This is the Aircraft Carrier Enterprise. We are a large warship of the
                    U.S. Navy. Divert your course now!

Civilian: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
                    Urban myth.

Comment

Working...
                    X