• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR have requested x 2 Corp Tax Returns, 1 for a 3 day period WTF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR have requested x 2 Corp Tax Returns, 1 for a 3 day period WTF

Hello,

Bit confused, I recieved two seperate reminders today to do my corp tax return. My accounting year ends and starts April 27.

Wierd thing is the first reminder is for period 27th April 06 - 27th April 07, the second reminder is for 27th April 07 - 30th April 07. WTF is the second reminder about, do you think its an error or do I actually have to produce accounts for a 3 day period ? The second reminder is not even for my previous accounting year.

Any ideas
    Last edited by MobileCheese; 23 May 2007, 21:38.

If you had changed the accounting year end from 27th to 30th it would make sense. A CT return can only cover one year so you have to do another for the remaining bit to end company year. If you have not, maybe there is some reason they think you have.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 23 May 2007, 21:41.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      Have you changed the accounting year so it ends more than one year after the last CT return? A CT return can only cover one year so you have to do another for the remaining bit to end company year.
      This is my first corp tax return, not sure if my accountant changed the dates will need to confirm. If this is the case though would I need two sets of accounts ?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese
        Hello,

Bit confused, I recieved two seperate reminders today to do my corp tax return. My accounting year ends and starts April 27.

Wierd thing is the first reminder is for period 27th April 06 - 27th April 07, the second reminder is for 27th April 07 - 30th April 07. WTF is the second reminder about, do you think its an error or do I actually have to produce accounts for a 3 day period ? The second reminder is not even for my previous accounting year.

Any ideas
        From what you say here, your company's first accounting year will finish 30th April 2007, so there will be a slight extension with the few days until the end of the anniversary of the first month of incorporation. That's normal.

Hopefully your accountant will sort it out, and you needn't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
          From what you say here, your company's first accounting year will finish 30th April 2007, so there will be a slight extension with the few days until the end of the anniversary of the first month of incorporation. That's normal.

Hopefully your accountant will sort it out, and you needn't worry.

Yeah that would makes sense.

Man I hate comming home to find letters from the rev, even though Im not doing anything dodgy I always feel guilty.

Cheers peeps
          Last edited by MobileCheese; 23 May 2007, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese
            This is my first corp tax return, not sure if my accountant changed the dates will need to confirm. If this is the case though would I need two sets of accounts ?

Cheers
            Shouldn't. If your accounts span tax years then the CT return is done by apportionment.

Comment

Working...
            X