• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brussels....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brussels....

Hi All,

Will be starting a new role in Brussels on Monday for 3 mths, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced and nice place to put up in while there....

Tx
    Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

haha ask nucastle ....

I tihnk he's just leaving somewhere...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Ibis hotels are quite good - depending on where you are i'd recommend with the grand place or saint catherine area.

Brussels is a wierd place, nice areas turn into absolute ghettos seemingly within about 100 meters of each other - ive been slumming it in the ghettos with 65 euro per night hotels, but for that price its the absolute pits - i wont even sleep in the beds cause of all the fleas and bedbugs in them (no sh1t!) .... reckon on at least 100 euro's per night for something that goes from horrific to really quite nice, which is probably like a good new travellodge or something (comparing it to the UK).

The areas around the central station are utter sh1te .... avoid.

Kramer - still hanging on ere.... the ICT manager took me out and fed me 6 Duvel's on an empty stomach to keep me sweet. Sill working out my notice period but they are hoping ill stay

Comment

Originally posted by nucastle
        Ibis hotels are quite good - depending on where you are i'd recommend with the grand place or saint catherine area.

Brussels is a wierd place, nice areas turn into absolute ghettos seemingly within about 100 meters of each other - ive been slumming it in the ghettos with 65 euro per night hotels, but for that price its the absolute pits - i wont even sleep in the beds cause of all the fleas and bedbugs in them (no sh1t!) .... reckon on at least 100 euro's per night for something that goes from horrific to really quite nice, which is probably like a good new travellodge or something (comparing it to the UK).

The areas around the central station are utter sh1te .... avoid.

Kramer - still hanging on ere.... the ICT manager took me out and fed me 6 Duvel's on an empty stomach to keep me sweet. Sill working out my notice period but they are hoping ill stay
        If you do stay, Aparthotels are a bit less soul destroying than hotels and tend to work out cheaper with loads in the nicer areas around Louise/Ixelles:

I used these guys when I came out here at first: http://www.immobe.be/

A mate also stayed here http://www.easyliving.be/en/location.asp

Comment

Good link - thanks for that!!!

Work out the exact same price as it would staying in these crack/heroin dens i am right now .... and i bet the bed sheets dont move even when you arent in them either!

Comment

have a look at accorhotels.com

I make a point of only staying in Accor hotels. If they have a Sofitel, I would use that...bit costly, but very nice.

Comment

Working...
            X