• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wapping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wapping

Anyone live there? What's it like? I'm thinking of buying a house in the area.

Sensible answers appreciated!
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Not bad, v close to city so good for resale value, a little soulless for going out, but London Bridge and shoreditch are close enough.

Have you got a BMV opportunity or something? Strikes me as odd that you'd opt to buy somewhere that you have no idea about...
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Why would you even think about moving to a place that sounds like something you do on a Mobile Phone...

Don't do it...

Also, the women are pig ugly
      Property advisor for the people

Comment

It's in East London.

I rest my case.
        Call the cops

Comment

Wapping

I lived there for four years. I lived in the posh part but it was formerly council so not pretty to look at. Secure entrance, caretaker and all that....

In those four years there were about four burglaries - nothing else.

There are two parts - the 'white' part and the 'non-white-mainly Bangladeshi part'. For the most part people tolerate each other. The white part was the richer part.

Some Bangladeshi boys hanging around but just spending time out of the house as apposed to planning to do anything bad. Recently, though, drug dealing is present but not enough to cause the police to have an 'Operation Trident' sort of deal in the area!

High St Wapping, Garnet St...those areas OK.

It was a bit souless. But the west end was only a cab ride away and it's always good to come home to an area where nothing's been going on. Clean streets, high-end cars, estate agents, coffee shops.....

I can't stand London anymore but if I did, I'd definitely buy in Wapping!

Comment

Prior to opening the thread, I wasn't sure if the title was referring to a verb or noun

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
              Have you got a BMV opportunity or something? Strikes me as odd that you'd opt to buy somewhere that you have no idea about...
              I'm moving back to the City with my wife as the kids are all growed up and are just about to leave home. We want to buy a house (or a large apartment, but more probably a house as we have cats) in either Wapping, Limehouse or on the Isle Of Dogs and we are just looking at which area would be best for us.

I only ever work in the Square Mile or Canary Wharf, that's why I'm considering those areas.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Houses are a bit short on the supply side in Wapping, but plenty of flats.

If you want a house with easy access to both City and Isle Of Dogs have you considered Bow?
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
                  I only ever work in the Square Mile or Canary Wharf
                  Then surley you can afford better than Wapping ffs?

Comment

It's actually a very interesting part of London:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wapping

Reminds me of Dickensian London/Conan Doyle.

Comment

Working...
                    X