• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McJob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McJob

Who thinks that it should stay in the dictionary?? McJob
    It should stay!
    57.78%
    It should go
    2.22%
    Who gives a f*ck
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

only if they stop asking "would u like fries with that" or "would you like to upgrade your meal"

Comment

Have you seen the standard of the person behind the counter at McD's?

One step down from whale pooh thats dried out, floated to the surface and been p1ssed on by a penguin....

Most of them cannot even walk and chew gum at the same time.....

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover

One step down from whale pooh thats dried out, floated to the surface and been p1ssed on by a penguin....

What a charming individual you are. I suppose you think you've 'arrived' because you 'work in IT'. Pathetic.

Comment

the standard of person working at Mcdonalds is very good. They have had intensive customer service training. Bear in mind that their HR director is ex Tesco so selection and training will be amongst the best. There is one or two of you who could benefit from a few months of serving knobs like you on a day to day basis.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Have you seen the people who eat in McDonalds?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

On the subect of the word 'McJob' in the dictionary, it is intended to be derorgatory towards McDonald's and similar employers (implying low pay, low training, poor prospects, union-bashing) not towards the employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                On the subect of the word 'McJob' in the dictionary, it is intended to be derorgatory towards McDonald's and similar employers (implying low pay, low training, poor prospects, union-bashing) not towards the employees.
                Yes, and I would guess that definition should now include having a poll of your staff in which to a boy/girl they say it is a most wonderful job in the world.

There's a rec. co. that does the same IIRC.

You know the employer is serious sh1t if they score like 99% staff approval!
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Mcfookin leave it in there!

Comment

I respect the macdonalds people. I certainly wouldn't do it unless it was the only way I could make money. If they are happy why do people feel the need to take the piss.

I drove past an office the other day and looked at all the lemmings at the desk and thought "poor feckers". People take the pish out of me driving a lorry, fair play. I couldnt cope with a desk job. Each to his own etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X