• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

good place to eat near London Bridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good place to eat near London Bridge

ok, I'm going champagne tasting on Saturday for 3 hours near London Bridge (been before its a great laugh) but I want a nice restaurant also in the area (and no I don't want the Nando's next door)

Any recommendations ??
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Originally posted by n5gooner
    ok, I'm going champagne tasting on Saturday for 3 hours near London Bridge (been before its a great laugh) but I want a nice restaurant also in the area (and no I don't want the Nando's next door)

Any recommendations ??
    Are you going to vinopolis?

The restaurant there is very good.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Any recommendations ??
      Fish! was certainly quite good a couple of yrs ago - nice space on edge of borough market and southwark cathedral.

Comment

Any recommendations ??
        There are loads of places in and around Borough Market. You'll be spoilt for choice. Might be busy on saturday though

Comment

If you like spanish food, this place is one of the best.

http://www.brindisa.com/dining_eating.asp

Even if you dont like spanish generally, its worth calling in for a bottle of red. Try a plate of the Joselito jamon iberico, its sublime. 17 quid for a small plate, so proper contractor stuff. Its generally regarded as the worlds best mind.

Brindisa started life (and still are) a spanish import and wholesale company. So the ingrediants are usually top notch.

Comment

The problem with Brindisa is that you can't book and if you get there at 12:01 you sometimes can't get a table. Roast in Borough Market is probably a better choice.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
              Are you going to vinopolis?

The restaurant there is very good.
              yes I am, and I've done the resturant there.....looking for a change....
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
                Fish! was certainly quite good a couple of yrs ago - nice space on edge of borough market and southwark cathedral.

yes it is good, went there at Christmas, took my little sister.....
                SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaura...nd-kebab-house

bound to run by gooners....
                  Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                    If you like spanish food, this place is one of the best.

http://www.brindisa.com/dining_eating.asp

Even if you dont like spanish generally, its worth calling in for a bottle of red. Try a plate of the Joselito jamon iberico, its sublime. 17 quid for a small plate, so proper contractor stuff. Its generally regarded as the worlds best mind.

Brindisa started life (and still are) a spanish import and wholesale company. So the ingrediants are usually top notch.
                    yes sounds good!!! We both like Tapas, we have one local to us in Leatherhead which we goto twice a month or so, sometimes more! We tend to get free drinks now.....so I think this place may be worth a try.

Thanks!
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X