• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's getting...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's getting...

... more and more like Top Gear on here.

Just waiting for the inevitable first post by Jeremy Clarkson or Richard 'Evil Knieval' Hammond.

(P.S. I'm thinking of buying a Hillman Imp - anyone any Imp stories they'd care to share?)
    Last edited by Clippy; 24 May 2007, 16:00.

Jeremys been on here to have a look. Don't know if he registered though.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You sir are a class act!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
        I'm thinking of buying a Hillman Imp - anyone any Imp stories they'd care to share?
        I was in one that rolled over at 60mph down the A6 once. That was an Imp estate though. Aluminium head IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy

(P.S. I'm thinking of buying a Hillman Imp - anyone any Imp stories they'd care to share?)
          I knew a chap once who had a 2.8 litre engine in an Imp (for rallying).

He used to challenge boy racers at traffic lights...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

After Jeanette Winterson got rejected from Oxford she drove down there in a Hillman Imp and banged on the senior tutor's door begging them to reconsider. It worked too, the spawny tyke.

Comment

I blew my Hillman Imp up on the M5.

I was doing 85mph with 2 mates in it at the time

My 1st car - happy days....

(it was a wonderful metallic sh1t brown colour...)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

had one for a week until the floor collapsed around that damn vertical clutch pedal

classic car !
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Easy to get the engine out. Undo seven bolts, disconnect electrics and push the car forward. Had to keep a 22kg sand bag under the bonnet to stop the front from blowing in the wind.

PS. "Man in the Suitcase" car.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/ft/feature/top+ten/1734/6
                  Last edited by Paddy; 24 May 2007, 20:58.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I remember pushing my mates Imp around the streets of Fulham in the small hours, trying desperately to bump start it.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X