• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shortest Agency call ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortest Agency call ever?

Agency lady: Hi, is that xxxxxx?

Me: Yes, speaking.

Agency lady: A 6 month contract has come up, I wanted to find out what your availability is?

Me: I'm actually in contract until the end of the year.

Agency lady: Oh, who's that with?

Me: I'd rather not say.

Agency lady: OK, goodbye then.

don't complain. At least they got the hint quickly and you didn't have to end with fek off.

Comment

thats more than i got!

Agent: Hi is that XXX
      Me: Yes
      Agent: I have a position xyz
      Me: can you tell me more
      Agent: Oops sorry wrong candidate. Bye. - monotonous tone when someone hangs up on u!

Comment

Mines was even shorter:
        Agent: Hi I have contract and just need a few references... Me: FOAD!!!!!.

Comment

Seeing as I'm a proper limited company contractor an' ting, unsolicited calls get routed through our reception desk.

Shortest one I ever got was "Hello Thunderlizard, would you like to take a call from Dazza Lowlife at Slapdash Recruitment...oh actually he's just hung up. Bye!"

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN

Agency lady: A 6 month contract has come up, I wanted to find out what your availability is?

is there any particular reason one shouldnt say where their current contract is?

Comment

"is there any particular reason one shouldnt say where their current contract is?"

Yes, in case the agent replaces you with an Indian.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                "is there any particular reason one shouldnt say where their current contract is?"

Yes, in case the agent replaces you with an Indian.
                Quite. Churkus, you are insuffiently suspicious.

Comment

Why not just make something up? Covers all possibilities.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN

I had the excat same call on Friday - tried asking where I was currently contracting (even though it has it on my CV which he has apparently got in front of him)

Told him I'd prefer not to say where I was now and he ended the call - fooking Agents

"Hello I'm calling from CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet and we have an exciting role that we think would interest you."

Comment

Working...
                    X