• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Same old scousers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same old scousers

BBC - Were you in Athens?

Not all scousers obviously, but half the 40 thousand who went to Athens had no tickets.

They were nicking tickets off each other around the gates.

They also tried to steam the gates 10 minutes before kick off - a tried and trusted scouse tactic - but instead of bowing to the pressure and letting them in for safety reasons, this time the authorities closed the ground completely to keep them out. So loads of people with genuine tickets were shut out as well.

Did any of this happen at the FA cup final?

a complete and utter c0ck up.

i really feel for the poor sods who paid a fortune for genuine tickets, and couldn't get in as the stadium was full of their own fans who had forgeries or jumped the gates. nice one lads

what annoys me even more is that so many tickets are given to the 'UEFA family' and corporates.

Comment

"They also tried to steam the gates 10 minutes before kick off"

Didn't they try this tactic in Sheffield some time ago. On the radio last night it was mentioned that they did this in Istanbul also, but it didn't get reported as it got lost in all the Liverpool winning stories. Then compare this with Celtic when they took over Seville Why is it they can travel on mass without getting into trouble yet ours cannot?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My toddler is half scouse and despite my best efforts her behaviour is going downhill fast, she 'steamed' the lid of the biscuit tin last night. It's never her fault when she gets told off either.

Comment

They interviewed this guy on 5 live last night. He was in a party of 10, 4 of them didn't have tickets. His argument was simply that these 4 had followed Liverpool all season spending their hard earned cash and it's not fair that they couldn't get a ticket while large numbers were handed out to corporate sponsors. The 4 without tickets managed to get in. Yet he didn't seem to see anything wrong in the fact that

1 - they were watching a game for free which he had paid for
          2 - that people like him, who had paid their hard earned money to watch Liverpool all season were now prevented from using their genuine tickets because of the actions of his mates.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

They interviewed another guy who was behind a bloke with two kids, all with tickets. The bloke held the three tickets up for the steward as he approached one of the checkpoints, and had them snatched out of his hand by another scouser who then ran off and disappeared. So presumably that bloke and his kids didn't get in either.

Comment

At least they are funny though. Ken Dodd, Tarby....oh hang on a sec!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Its people like that who give scousers a bad name. there are a few i can name two who are scousers and quite impartial and can accept when they're beaten and clearly aren'y the best team in the league/europe. For these two friends i was dissappointed as they were gutted however the other 99% of scousers who reckon they're owed something and have a more chips on their shoulder than Harry Ramsdens i ask this. why were English teams banned in europe years ago??? because of Liverpool fans. when did they last win the league, no one cares. The last two finals they appeared in what happened. Istanbul rumour of rushing the gates and a fan being locked up for "attempted" murder and this one, rushing the gates again

Yes i am biased i'm a Man U fan and yes we've done things wrong but its clearly the scousers dragging down the reputation of our fans.

Sorry for the rant, i'll go now and enjoy a satisfying season of a league win, Chelsea disappointed and Liverpool winning feck all again

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOD
                  Its people like that who give scousers a bad name . . . blah blah
                  So Man U were knocked out early then and had to swap Milan pubs for Moss Side?

Would you like some Bitter, or are you happy with your whine?
                  Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
                    My toddler is half scouse and despite my best efforts her behaviour is going downhill fast, she 'steamed' the lid of the biscuit tin last night. It's never her fault when she gets told off either.
                    How do you put up with a scouse partner? the accent would drive me to reach for the breadknife
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X