• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decisions, Decisions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, Decisions

Hmm, contracts are like buses. Nowt for 2 weeks then 3 bites at once. Last gig called wanting me back for a couple of weeks, maybe longer if someone is off sick long term. Got phone interview this aft and just got back from another interview. Don't think I'll take that one though. Any interview where the manager starts out with “it’s quite a monotonous job, tedious at times” doesn’t sound good!

Originally posted by Epiphone
    “it’s quite a monotonous job, tedious at times” doesn’t sound good!
    Sounds like a cushy long term prospect to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
      Sounds like a cushy long term prospect to me.
      Nope. There's nowt worse than being bored for 8 hours a day.

Comment

There is always CUK to while away the hours
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Three is a whole wide cyberworld out there.

Comment

I have decided the occasional wrist slashing moments of total boredom are better than working hard. Not sure I could cope if they took t'internet away though. If things get really bad I start reading one of Milan's Plan B threads and that pulls me through.

Comment

Managed to get my second gig - both have been gotten from no applying for the position in question at alll ..... the agents have found me.

Both have been niche stuff though (Sharepoint for one, Security clearance required for the other).

Ive yet to get a job i actually apply for, or get anywhere with an application!

Comment

stop it now... your sounding like a contractor!
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Its an addictive lifestyle ..... oh the change!

Comment

..... its all your fault anyways

Comment

Working...
                    X