• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, I never knew that....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I never knew that....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datapoint_2200

This almighty pile of crud termed the 80x86 is based on a programmable terminal designed in 1969... who'd have thunk it?

Zeitghost,

with the greatest of respect I think you could do with getting out and meeting people.

Perhaps take a leaf out of the social life book of the student who copies all the assignments.

Milan.

Comment

I'd like to complain about the level of 'get-a-life' posts appearing on this board.

It's as if people seem to forget that they are on a frickin' website, probably sat in a frickin' office, waiting for another frickin' weekend before they come back to charge The Man more than he pays a permie.

Come on guys, chill. So the Lizard likes his chips. There's worse on the web.

*gets off high horse and goes back to .net programming*

Comment

Zorba,

my apologies, with the greatest of respect to Zeitghost, it was 100% tongue in cheek banter

would you prefer less banter on this forum ?

Milan.

Comment

I think I have left it much too late in life to get a life. I always meant to.

Still, at least when not staring at the wall, I complain about more fashionable geeky things. Like VB.net. I HATE it!!! The only good thing is that string slicing has at last caught up with ZX81 BASIC.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

are you missing the daily commute to the xerox plant at mitcheldean ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
              I'd like to complain about the level of 'get-a-life' posts appearing on this board.

It's as if people seem to forget that they are on a frickin' website, probably sat in a frickin' office, waiting for another frickin' weekend before they come back to charge The Man more than he pays a permie.

Come on guys, chill. So the Lizard likes his chips. There's worse on the web.

*gets off high horse and goes back to .net programming*
              I'd like to complain about people who write fricken or sheesh or goddam.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                I'd like to complain about people who write fricken or sheesh or goddam.
                Quite. And if Nanny won't let you say what you want, that's a load of goddamn ******* tulip.
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I have still got one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne-1

Paid £1500 for it when new.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

<geek>It was actually a 8008 cpu, the same kind found in one armed bandits of the era.</geek>

Comment

Working...
                    X