• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What address to use on Business Cards etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What address to use on Business Cards etc

Hi,

Is it worth paying for a mail box and having a fancy address printed on my business card and letter head or stick to my home address?

As a contractor I usually go through agencies for contracts and have not yet marketed myself direct, but as I am running a business then I should be open for work from all directions.

Who uses their home address on their stationary.

ps: have a good BH w/e.

Paul.

you could always give your home address a fancu name:

XXX House
    25 Arcaia Road
    Epping
    Postcode
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I think it is de rigeur to have just your name, email and mobile number on business cards nowadays.

For stationery, yes think you need all the info on there.

I'm not so sure about the value of PO Boxes - I looked into this last week and Royal Mail will disclose the address 'behind' the PO Box to anyone who enquires which can defeat (part) of the purpose of having one.

Mailboxes etc offerring was better but pricier.

Comment

PO boxes always look a bit iffy anyway unless you are a household name...

Comment

Mailboxes etc let you put Flat/Unit/Suite xxx, 123 Our Street, etc.

Which looks a lot better.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Who actually uses their business cards?

Another question is who does use their business cards on this forum, I can see the use in using company stationary for sending invoices to clients and letters to IR etc.???

Comment

Always drop a few off when I finish a gig, always useful to provide the bill payer a way to get in touch with you if something else comes up in the future.

I hear it also impresses the younger and blonder types you meet in bars to some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by phayes
                Another question is who does use their business cards on this forum, I can see the use in using company stationary for sending invoices to clients and letters to IR etc.???
                I tend to see a lot of 3rd parties, so I always give them a card.

Actually got a gig from this once when I was phoned and told Mr X recommnded you to us as you've done this before with his company.

Comment

Re. letterheads and e-mails; you must use your registered address if you are a limited company.

Re. business cards; I display my name, e-mail, non-geo office number and mobile number prominently but also have the registered company details including address in very small print on the bottom. I might try double-sided ones next.
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Vat

Do you have to include your Vat registration number on stationary?

Mick

Comment

Working...
                    X