• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Per second rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per second rate

I'm so bored today that I've just decided to work out my per-second rate...and basically, my client has just paid me £1.65 to write this note...what a great game!! I love my job!

You lot have been a really bad influence on me...I used to be so hard working!!
    Property advisor for the people

It took you an hour to write that?

Comment

No!! Only 45 minutes actually!!!!!

There must be someone on this board that can write a quick programme that shows a penny jar with pennies (or pounds for some of you on here!) dropping in every second and filling up...then emptying into a pound jar every hour...if it could be done as a screen saver that would be fantastic...see how long it would take the clients to figure out whats going on!!

Comment

I'm sure I've seen a contractor at a site before with something on their workstation that played ch-ching on the hour every hour

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
          I'm so bored today that I've just decided to work out my per-second rate...and basically, my client has just paid me £1.65 to write this note...what a great game!! I love my job!

You lot have been a really bad influence on me...I used to be so hard working!!
          Is that take home or before tax ?

Work out how much you've made for Gordo in that 45 seconds and you'll not be so impressed....
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
            Is that take home or before tax ?

Work out how much you've made for Gordo in that 45 seconds and you'll not be so impressed....

After tax...never deal in before tax, it gets me too excited and leads to big disappointment!

And you're right...not so impressed with lining Gordo's pocket!

Comment

In my first job (as a perm) one of my colleagues worked out that it cost the company more of his time to sharpen a pencil, than the cost of a new pencil.

He therefore concluded that everyone should throw away blunt pencils and use a new one each time.

tim

Comment

I knew a contractor with a timer so he knew how much each dump he had cost the company.

Comment

Let's see, my business, £2000 profit / 20,000 hrs. Hey! I am currently raking in 10p an hour! A least I don't pay much tax.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                    I knew a contractor with a timer so he knew how much each dump he had cost the company.
                    http://www.mrceri.co.uk/software/salarytimer/
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X