• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

claiming "rent-a-car" expense.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

claiming "rent-a-car" expense.

Has anyone done it ? - Renting a car for a particular gig and claiming the expense ?

Yes.

My own car had to go into the shop for repair (some ****er did a number on all the windows) so I rented a car and claimed it.

Bear in mind I've not had an HMRC inspection so they have never ok'd it. I did however need to get to a gig I was working at for my company on those 2 days. Also the place of work on contract is listed as my home so can reasonably claim that I wouldnt have to have travelled unless company dictated it (which is true).

I also didnt do any private mileage on those 2 days...sad but also true.

Comment

Ten years ago I hired a car to get to an interview. No reason why not in those days.

Comment

Working...
      X