• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England win at cricket shocker!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England win at cricket shocker!

England have just given West Indies their biggest hiding in history.

I wonder if there is any connection between their return to form and Flintoff being relieved of the captaincy?

Originally posted by wendigo100
    England have just given West Indies their biggest hiding in history.

I wonder if there is any connection between their return to form and Flintoff being relieved of the captaincy?
    Was that the West Indies Under 15s B team?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
      Was that the West Indies Under 15s B team?
      I don't know. I didn't recognise any of them. What happened to Lara, Walsh, Chanderpaul, and all the rest of their good players?

Comment

I don't know. I didn't recognise any of them. What happened to Lara, Walsh, Chanderpaul, and all the rest of their good players?
        The WI cricket board probably couldn't afford to pay them to play, they were still negotiating their contracts when the world cup had begun earlier in the year.

Comment

Aye - it's a very poor Windies team, so the victory ain't all that.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

See. Englands were not good WI were just crap.

Comment

Lara has just retired

Walsh retired in 2001

Chanderpaul is crocked

More significantly for this test, Sarwan got himself injured and couldn't bat.

I think the lack of preparation (for English conditions) has hurt them badly and they will do well to make England bat twice in either of the next two matches.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Is a test like an exam like?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It is a much depleted WI team, nothing like the wonderful teams of the past, but why should that make it any less of a victory?
                  We won.

How is it we always get this with England. When we lose it is because we are crap, when we win it is because the other side was crap.
                  Why is it never well done England for being the better side on the day?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
                    Lara has just retired

Walsh retired in 2001

Chanderpaul is crocked

More significantly for this test, Sarwan got himself injured and couldn't bat.

I think the lack of preparation (for English conditions) has hurt them badly and they will do well to make England bat twice in either of the next two matches.
                    Yes, I was being rhetorical - only two of the WI players in the second test might have got into the team ten years ago.

Good to see England do what was necessary, but only one man bowled well.

Comment

Working...
                    X