• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

a couple of glasses of wine...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple of glasses of wine...

and I'm dreaming of a comfortable home in the shire...

Would it be anything to do with listening to LoTR soundtrack I wonder?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Surely that should read a couple of bottles?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

i'm a lightweight I know... not drumk just comfortable pished
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
        and I'm dreaming of a comfortable home in the shire...
        I live in a shire, the same one old JRR Hartley wrote about as it happens. It's overrated.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

JRR Hartley ?

Oh sorry, the fly fishing chappie.

For a moment there I thought you meant J P Hartley, but had substitued JRR (from Tolkien), in the place of J P, and I was desperately trying to think whether the Go-Between (By JP Hartley) was set in any of the shires. I then thought you meant JRR Tolkien, and was trying to seach for any of this books that were set in the English Shires, knowing that Hobbiton and the Shire was an allegory anyway, then I remembered about JRR Hartley and the Yellow Pages advert, as I was loading a yellow t-shirt in to the washing machine. LOL!

It's been a strange weekend !
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

WTF were you on about last night BGG?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It must be some form of synchronicity; I was thinking about the fly fishing chappie J R Hartley the other day.

Something in the air perhaps?

Or because there was some yokel making a laughable attempt at fly fishing on the canal as I walked past.
              You didn't steal his fly, did you? We know what your type are like!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                WTF were you on about last night BGG?
                Should that be "What were you on last night BGG?"

Adrelanine from too much game playing perhaps?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Adrelanine from too much game playing perhaps
                  Nah....just having one of my over-complication moments.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                  X