• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

J2EE IDE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J2EE IDE

I am looking again into the dreaded best J2EE IDE??? I have tried many and they are all really awful… so I stuck to forte for Java for the last 10 months, today I installed Sun ONE studio.. and heh.. it looks exactly the same as forte… my PC is too slow for this IDE … what is the best solution, has anyone tried other IDEs… I don’t want to buy a new PC as this one is really sufficient for all my personal needs

Beware the IDE's!!

Comment

ide's

Beware the IDE's!!

of March...

Should be OK in December though.

serious answer

1: vi
      2: vi
      3: vi

Comment

Java IDE

I don't know about all the Java IDE's that are out there but I have been using Borland JBuilder for 4 years now, the latest being version being 8 (Enterprise). I've also used Symantec Visual Cafe but it's not as good.

With regards to JBuilder, it's a fantastic product that never ceases to amaze me. If you can think of something that would make Java development easier, then you can bet that JBuilder has a feature to do it.

You can donwload a trial version or just get hold of an old version (pre v4 say) for free. Even the personal edition is probably good enough for most things. (oops, just noticed you want J2EE so you'll need the enterprise edition, quite dear I think).

Oh, and anyone who doesn't use an IDE is silly !

Comment

Re: Java IDE

Sandy try Eclipse IDE it is free at www.eclipse.org

Milan.

Comment

re

JCreator is good.

Comment

Re: ide's

Agree with Mark; you can't go wrong with command line and simple editor.

Long live vi!

Comment

Forget Java, .NET is the way forward.

Milan

Comment

VS.NET 2003 can create J# applications.

J# is a better version of something now obsolete known as Jova or Jiva (it's been a long time since anyone used that old technology, so the name is lost in the history of computing).

The result anyway is enterprise development in days rather than years, that is scalable, feature rich and secure.

Works for me and about a million other people anyway.

Good luck with your Juva IDE :rollin

Comment

looks like Reynolds has been testing the search engine.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X