• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are they having a laugh!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they having a laugh!!

Elephant just quoted me £1,200 for car insurance...they're having a Giraffe!
    Property advisor for the people

www.moneysupermarket.com
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Or Confused.com - don't be put off by the shockingly amateurish website.

Comment

Mine is up for renewal in a few weeks time as well.

Got a few quotes last week and More Than were coming up cheapest.

Only thing putting me off is the fact that they have an overseas call centre - imagine dealing with them in the event of a claim!

Insurance seems to be similar to the mortgage market in that new business is at the expense of existing customers.
        i.e. new customers get competitive quotes whereas renewals can be un-competitive.

Hence, I always shop around come renewal time.
        Last edited by Clippy; 29 May 2007, 12:53.

Comment

swiftcover seem to be the cheapest at the moment
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

www.lifesure.com worked for me...

I got lifetime protected and if you have a claim then they keep the policy open so you can put your new car on...very good. They paid out in 5 days.....

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
              www.lifesure.com worked for me...
              re directs to http://empowercapital.com/newsletter.aspx
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
                Or Confused.com - don't be put off by the shockingly amateurish website.
                I have never found cheaper than Direct Line, confused.com don't quote for them so it would be worth checking both.

It all depends on circumstance, age, etc, I pay £400 for a group 17 car which isn’t bad I suppose.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  I have never found cheaper than Direct Line, confused.com don't quote for them so it would be worth checking both.

It all depends on circumstance, age, etc, I pay £400 for a group 17 car which isn’t bad I suppose.
                  I've always found direct line increase the policy at renewal. I'm just getting some quotes for my g/f at the moment. Direct line are 50% more expensive than the cheapest.

moneysupermarket is the daddy

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    Ah...try www.lifesure.co.uk.....

Me being a duffer...

Comment

Working...
                    X