• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoicing template

Anyone got a contractor friendly template that they use, that they could share with a fellow contractor.

..... Just want to make sure mine are pukka while i get an accountant sorted out.

Ok, you're going to have to make this look pretty but it should contain the following info ...

INVOICE

Your Company Name
    Address
    Contact Details

INVOICE TO:
    Agency Company Name
    Address
    Contact Details

Invoice Number: 1, 2, 3, etc..
    Date: Date
    Your Ref: Agency ref for contract

NON VAT INVOICE - Vat Number Pending (if VAT pending)

Details

Fees in respect of IT consultancy services provided in the period from: datefrom to dateto
    Daily Rate Days Total
    100 5 500
    Net Total 500
    NO VAT 0
    Grand Total 500

PAYMENT DUE IMMEDIATELY
    Company Registration number XXXXXX
    Registered in England and Wales
    Registered Office : YYYYY

Assuming a rate of £100 per day :-) Obviously change for hourly rates but you get the jist ...

Comment

I got mine here - simple

PAYMENT DUE IMMEDIATELY - crumbs that's a bit harsh, perhaps 'Payment due within 14 days' or something similar.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for that - got another template from a kind board reader, but wanted to make sure my invoices were pukka with all the info on em .... terminating my contract so trying to make sure i get no 'your payment will be delayed because of x,y,z'

Comment

i just took one of the microsoft excel invoice templates and bastardised it to my own ends. does me ok. now i have a fancy letterhead i will be doing more bastardising soon to make it all "real purdy"

Comment

I'm trialling:
            Payment terms: Within 30 days from date of invoice.
            Any queries with this invoice must be made in writing within seven days from date of invoice. Under the terms of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, interest will be payable at 13.5% PA from date payment is due (30 days from invoice date).

Comment

Working...
            X