• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Video upload/download site help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video upload/download site help

Can someone tell me of a site that allows me to download videos rather than just stream them? I was on a stag do and a few of us have some funny moments that we want to share and make into a bit of feature film to commemorate the event but sites like youtube only allow streaming and no actual download.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

C'mon guys someone must know??? I just want something like youtube but with the facility for my mates to download and keep the file.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You can download YouTube videos mate; try googling "download youtube video" and you get 33k + hits.

I've used a few in the past (can't remember which) and they worked fine, most are free as well

Comment

photobox or photobucket (I can't remember which one, it's the virgin media one), allow videos as we1l as pictures !
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          Can someone tell me of a site that allows me to download videos rather than just stream them? I was on a stag do and a few of us have some funny moments that we want to share and make into a bit of feature film to commemorate the event but sites like youtube only allow streaming and no actual download.
          Just upload the file to any webspace/FTP account. They can download in their browser using "Save File As" using HTTP or FTP.

BTW YouTube et al don't strictly stream, it's actually progressive HTTP download. Real streaming costs serious money and requires Flash Comm Server, Real Media Server, Darwin Streaming Server and usually HTTP (or any TCP protocol) is not used.

Comment

http://www.yousendit.com/

HTH
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Try an FTP server

Comment

Working...
              X