• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving contract

I'm currently on a contract where I have bugger all work to do so to save wasting mine and the clients time, I looked about and managed to sort a new role out.

I spoke with the agency who got me my current gig and they are saying that I can't give notice as I'm employed for a supply of services and would be in breach of contract by leaving.

Is this true? am I stuck in the role until the contract expires?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Call the cops

Read your contract. You DO understand your own contractual terms don't you?

FFS.

Comment

Talk to your client directly, I'm sure there's a mechanism for stopping it if you both agree you're not needed.

The agency will obviously try to keep you working for them; you're the income stream. But as usual, they're not helping anybody but themselves.

Comment

Howey man Freaky - does your contract say you can give notice or not?

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Howey man Freaky - does your contract say you can give notice or not?

Dunno - I'll have to check. Looks like maybe I'm stuck here for another 5 months
          Call the cops

Comment

When the tea trolley comes around, stick your knob in a jam doughnut. You should be free to take up the new contract shortly afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
              Dunno - I'll have to check. Looks like maybe I'm stuck here for another 5 months
              I got out of a very similar contract by faking a bad back.
              There's not really anything they can do about that.

However, if you've already tried to give notice, they clearly wont believe you. So I think you might be shafted, unless you get the client to agree to let you go (but NOT by sticking your knob in a jam doughnut)
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                When the tea trolley comes around, stick your knob in a jam doughnut. You should be free to take up the new contract shortly afterwards.
                Tea trolley - what year are you living in Pickle?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
                  Tea trolley - what year are you living in Pickle?
                  Somehow I knew the only bit you would find odd about my post was the exsitance of a tea trolley...

Comment

I am sure if there is nothing to do the client won't care, they have to burn their budget otherwise they won't the monye next year

Stick it out, relax and teach yourself interesting useful things

feck's sake, kids today eh

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X