• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zopa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zopa

The average return isn't that fantastic given icici 1 year is 6.3%, Anyone on here using it and getting better returns?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

I looked into it some time ago and found it to be a poor choice. You might as well invest in NS&I investments, where a 3 year bond is paying 6.15% tax free right now. You can put in 15k per bond issue.

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look at that.
      If they are offering 3 year bonds at >6% they must thing interest rates are going to continue on the up.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Rates are variable as far as I know, and follow the RPI rather than core inflation, so it's a much better measure of what money worth is. So as inflation goes up, so does the amount oif interest you get. Same theory should apply to banks but we all know they don't like to pass on rate increases.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          The average return isn't that fantastic given icici 1 year is 6.3%, Anyone on here using it and getting better returns?
          If you don't mind a bit more risk, you can get 14% return on Zopa. All taxable though.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            If you don't mind a bit more risk, you can get 14% return on Zopa. All taxable though.
            Does that mean they have now opened it up to less credit worthy borrowers?

Comment

Yes.

When you lend, you can lend to different pools of borrowers. The C pool are real dodgy characters who probably wouldn't get a loan from the Kray twins.

If you lend to these feckwits, even taking into account some losses (they do a runner) I think the ave return is around 14%

Comment

Working...
              X