• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Helicopter pilot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicopter pilot

Anyone here qualified as a helicopter pilot and able to recommend good place to go and learn?
    Property advisor for the people

Originally posted by Vito
    Anyone here qualified as a helicopter pilot and able to recommend good place to go and learn?
    A place where they have some helicopters would be a good start together with a high-flying instructor whose style of teaching is quite uplifting.

Comment

Yep, an airfield is a good place to learn. You could try Tescos car park but it gets crowded during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
        Horse riding last week and helicopter lessons this week
        Check yourself for midlife crisis. Its injurious to health.

Comment

If you read some of the pilots forums 'copters are frowned upon - a plane once airborne will pretty much fly itself, 'copters on the otherhand seem to want to punish any mistakes with flying into the ground.

Which is weird as the design of them should allow for safe gyro rotation to the ground in the event of loss of power
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Keep 'em coming boys...

Property advisor for the people

Comment

I believe HyperD was a 'copter pilot
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

If the helicopters engine fails what happens? Whith a plane you could possibly glide it down.............
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

A guy I met did his in Nelson (South Island, Kiwiland) probably here.

Was V cheap compared to UK - even with airfares etc added
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    If the helicopters engine fails what happens? Whith a plane you could possibly glide it down.............
                    This
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X