• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome back Shim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back Shim

where you been, what you been upto ?

How's it going ?

Same old same old round here

Milan.

Eyup Benesh.

I went permie(!) last year after too long on the bench and soon after the internet police were employed to monitor our movements. Hence more time lurking on here as a guest.

I've still got the urge to get back contracting but I'm enjoying the day to day breeze of being a perm at the moment. I do have to work though, but again that makes a refreshing change!

Not financially lucrative or technically challenging but a good set of people and bills are paid every month so I can cope for now. As usual though the promised .NET training has not materialised so I can only treat this as a long term, low paid gig.

Still, it got me out of a hole last year and (more importantly) kids are doing great - how's yours doing? Are you in your woodland shack yet?

Comment

Hi Shim

good to hear you are doing ok,

All the best,

Milan.
      Last edited by milanbenes; 31 May 2007, 07:57.

Comment

Sounds like you're pretty well sorted there mate.

Hmmm working from home - never managed to get that to work since kids arrived as I just ended up being pestered by the wife. Working on site is a nice rest from home life stresses!

Comment

ahh, should be ok

what to you think ?

Milan.
          Last edited by milanbenes; 31 May 2007, 08:25.

Comment

I can't be much help there I'm afraid as I haven't ridden an MTB in ages - I do (did) more road riding.

But.... AFAIK good value budget MTBs can be had from Edinburgh Bicycle Coop (sad name but good shop) - check their scandium range. If you are confident then eBay is a good bet but as usual you need knowledge and good judgement.

On-One (from Doncaster but with an excellent reputation) produce some fine bikes with good spec, low prices and many quirks - such as singlespeed which is a fashionable niche thing. (I have a singlespeed but some think it is weird).

Forget full suss at that price.

Then it's the usual suspects like Marin, GT etc..

I presume there will be more qualified people on here to offer advice about MTBs

HTH

Comment

Working...
            X