• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat rate VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat rate VAT

I just applied for VAT registration last weekend using the HMRC online thing.

.... No mention of the 'flat rate' thing there at all, or i didnt see it at least.

Do i assume ive missed the boat now in applying for this?

flat rate vat form

hullo! you just need to fill in the form and email it to [email protected]

form is on this page := <http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel= pageVAT_InfoGuides&propertyType=document&id=HMCE_C L_001208>

thx. richy!

Comment

hmrc email seems down atm.. so maybe you'll have to print and post/fax it

Comment

Originally posted by nucastle
        I just applied for VAT registration last weekend using the HMRC online thing.

.... No mention of the 'flat rate' thing there at all, or i didnt see it at least.

Do i assume ive missed the boat now in applying for this?

You can apply for the FRS at any time but it's a seprate process to the standard VAT registration. You need either your VAT regiostration application referance number or your actual VAT number to apply for it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ahhh perfect!!

Thought i was gonna miss out - looks like i can stop a few more pennies going to Gordon.

Comment

I rang them and asked about it. Nice guy on the phone sorted it out, and even pre-dated it a few days so that it went into the new VAT quarter I had just started, rather than having to wait another quarter to do it.

If you're just moving over, make sure you get any big expenditure out of the way before you move over (unless it's over £2000 an item), so you can still claim the VAT back.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X