• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local Govt W@nk-Think or Or A True Reflection of Spinless Britain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Govt W@nk-Think or Or A True Reflection of Spinless Britain?

Leave lights on for the vandals: Council has 'duty of care' to protect intruders from school hazards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

How the feck can you have a 'duty of care' to an intruder - someone who is not authorised and has no permission to be on the premises.

Will they be having 24/7 staff on site to help intruders carry out any items they want so as they don't hurt their backs lifting stolen goods.

FFS!!

I worry that burglars will slip on the hallway mat or bang their heads climbing in through open windows.

In my home I have fixed safety instructions to the wall outside to make sure they don't harm themselves getting in and out whilst I'm away.

HTH

Comment

Should we also leave our car unlocked and ticking over so the poor little darlings don't injure themselves breaking glass or hotwiring it?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I've planted these bushes that originally come from somewhere in Africa. They live with a symbiotic bacteria on their thorns. Anyone who gets their skin pierced by the thorns on said bush ends up with nads the size of melons for a day or so.

Funnily enough it was a police officer ?on BBC TV? who first introduced me to this wondrous plant as an effective deterrent to prowlers.

I would highly recommend it as it indeed very good for encouraging chummies to prowl another area.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          I've planted these bushes that originally come from somewhere in Africa. They live with a symbiotic bacteria on their thorns. Anyone who gets their skin pierced by the thorns on said bush ends up with nads the size of melons for a day or so.

Funnily enough it was a police officer ?on BBC TV? who first introduced me to this wondrous plant as an effective deterrent to prowlers.

I would highly recommend it as it indeed very good for encouraging chummies to prowl another area.
          There is a plant that harbours gnonorrhea?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by threaded

I've had my pr1ck on a bush that led to a nasty rash. Best avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              Leave lights on for the vandals: Council has 'duty of care' to protect intruders from school hazards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

How the feck can you have a 'duty of care' to an intruder - someone who is not authorised and has no permission to be on the premises.

Will they be having 24/7 staff on site to help intruders carry out any items they want so as they don't hurt their backs lifting stolen goods.

FFS!!
              And stop smoking in your home from July 1st, it's a burglar's place of work.
              God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I worked for a company many years ago that had to spend a fortune putting warning signs on flat roofs after a thief fell through a skylight.

I never changes
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                X