• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince 2

Right I need to move on in my career so I've decided I would like to do PM.
    The obvious thing to do first is to get a Prince2 qualfication.
    So I've bought these books :

http://www.apmg-businessbooks.com/pr...spx?prodid=102

and will take both exams in my own time.

Is there any need to go on the 5 day intensive course which includes taking the exams or is it possible to pass using just the three books.
    I always find that when I come back from a course I've done the 1st 9 Chapters of a dummies book which I could of done myself in 3 hrs.

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    The obvious thing to do first is to get a Prince2 qualfication.
    So I've bought these books :

http://www.apmg-businessbooks.com/pr...spx?prodid=102

and will take both exams in my own time.

Is there any need to go on the 5 day intensive courses which includes taking the exams or is it possible to pass using just the three books.
    I always find that when I come back from a course I've done the 1st 9 Chapters of a dummies book which I could of done myself in 3 hrs.
    I think you have to do the course. You will not walk out thinking you could have done it in a couple of hours. I know a very good guy for PRINCE 2, but his courses are mainly in Redditch.

Comment

My lad has just passed both the exams without going on any courses....but then he is a super swotty swot swot.

HTH

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Read the Prince book, tell the next client you've got three years' experience and then blag it from there. Most of it is common sense anyway and most clients in my experience say they use Prince to the agent but when you get on site it's JFDI anyway.

Worked for me.

Comment

in that case I won't bother with the course as I am Mr Clever anyway .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
              I think you have to do the course. You will not walk out thinking you could have done it in a couple of hours. I know a very good guy for PRINCE 2, but his courses are mainly in Redditch.
              Have?
              Don't have to do anything.

Comment

in that case I won't bother with the course as I am Mr Clever anyway .
                If you are Mr Clever, I seriously wouldn't bother with courses and certificates if I were you. Just massage your CV so that all the recent TA gigs become BA ones and all the recent BA ones become PM ones and you'll be fine.

If you are clueless you will be found out, but at least it would have been worth a try without outlaying any cash.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder

Gordo here I come

Comment

Have?
                    Don't have to do anything.
                    I meant, I thought you couldn't take the exam if you haven't taken the course, but glad to be corrected.

Comment

Working...
                    X