• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ltd co..car advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ltd co..car advice

just set up ltd company and thinking of getting a car! can i get it thro company? lease hire? vat free? any car suggestions?

Use private & claim mileage
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

i know that is an option but looking for options of getting car through business

Comment

Company Car

Best to speak to your accountant about this. If the company provides you with a car it falls into the Benefits in Kind legislation which means you'll pay tax & class 1a NI on the benefit.

The company will get tax reliefs on the lease or purchase of the car as well as servicing costs but in most cases this is far outweighed by the tax/NI paid on the benefit.

Comment

Not worth getting it through the co. The BIK taxation you'd pay out weighs any benefit you'd get from it.

Buy Privately and claim the mileage. It's the easiest and most efficient way to do it.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            Not worth getting it through the co. The BIK taxation you'd pay out weighs any benefit you'd get from it.

Buy Privately and claim the mileage. It's the easiest and most efficient way to do it.
            That's what I said
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

ditto
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
              X