• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor virgin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor virgin

Hi,
    I am just moving from permie to the contract world, apart from reading up on IR35 etc is there anything i really need to look out for when i get my first contract.
    Already registered ltd co, got accountant, biz acc etc.

Any advice for contract virgin would be appreciated.

Watch out for wayward women
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Keep your head down, atleast for a bit, and send in the invoices.

Comment

So are you both a contractor and a virgin?

Comment

Originally posted by Jed
          Hi,
          I am just moving from permie to the contract world, apart from reading up on IR35 etc is there anything i really need to look out for when i get my first contract.
          Already registered ltd co, got accountant, biz acc etc.

Any advice for contract virgin would be appreciated.
          I'm quite new too. SJD Accountancy website has loads of good free guides, whether you're a client or not. Well worth a look as I suggest you undertand the financial/tax side as well as you can and don't just rely on your accountant.

Good luck, mate.

Comment

Dont spend all day on here when you start your new job - it can be frowned upon!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yeah, wait til you have been there a couple of days...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Dont spend all day on here when you start your new job - it can be frowned upon!
                Not done me any harm.

Comment

Always minimize your browser, become Bill the Kid fast at <alt> <tab>. Have plenty of toilet breaks.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Gee thanks for constructive comments !!

Anybody also know how i change the comment below my name ( not worth listening too ) - not sure where that come from but reinforces fish out of water

Comment

Working...
                    X