• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen £10 fee??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen £10 fee??

I've only had one statement but there’s a £10 fee on it and no explanation to what it was for? I thought it was free banking? The only thing I can think of is the online banking I've set up I hope its not monthly!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    I've only had one statement but there’s a £10 fee on it and no explanation to what it was for? I thought it was free banking? The only thing I can think of is the online banking I've set up I hope its not monthly!
    Was your balance <5k?

Comment

Did you make any chaps transfers ?

Comment

Yes and yes I thought the transfers were free? I didn't ask for same day transfers just standard.

So there's a fee for having <5k balance? I must read the small print in future!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yes and yes I thought the transfers were free? I didn't ask for same day transfers just standard.

So there's a fee for having <5k balance? I must read the small print in future!
          That's it mate. I don't know whether it's going below 5k during a month, averaging below 5k or ending the month on 5k. I think it's the 1st. The BACS transfers are free.

Comment

They incur a fee of £10/month if the balance is under £5K, however if you opened it with one of the many accountants on here Cater Allen will waive the fee.

None of our clients would pay the £10 charge.

Alan

Comment

I Cater Allen!!

I'm considering moving my personal account to them. The tenner a month fee would be worth it in reduced stress levels alone...phoning them up is a pleasure....a bleedin' pleasure!!

Cater Allen >

signed,
              The Cater Allen Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
                They incur a fee of £10/month if the balance is under £5K, however if you opened it with one of the many accountants on here Cater Allen will waive the fee.

None of our clients would pay the £10 charge.

Alan
                I am one of your clients, how do I get the fee waived?

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                  I Cater Allen!!
                  ...phoning them up is a pleasure....a bleedin' pleasure!!
                  Aren't they great? I've just started using them and their phone manner is just cheerful, friendly and helpfull. Always put the phone down with a smile on my face... (and thats not just cuz of all the dosh I've invoiced )
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    I Cater Allen!!

I'm considering moving my personal account to them. The tenner a month fee would be worth it in reduced stress levels alone...phoning them up is a pleasure....a bleedin' pleasure!!

Cater Allen >

signed,
                    The Cater Allen Fan Club
                    Shame their parent company aren't as good - I've just had an income tax certificate for the past year for my Abbey Business Account! I would have spoken to them sooner, but after sitting on hold for 30 minutes (twice!) I gave up.

Now I need to wait until the end of my company year to claim the tax back!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X