• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent integrity ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent integrity ???

X-permie numpty again.

Is it common that agents ask you to change the job titles on your cv ? understand drawing out relevant areas but is changing title going a bit far ?
    Dont employers ever check for references ?

O X Y M O R O N !!!!!!!!!
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jed
      X-permie numpty again.

Is it common that agents ask you to change the job titles on your cv ? understand drawing out relevant areas but is changing title going a bit far ?
      Your CV is your CV and stick to it. Any agent who alters a CV (which is why they always want it emailing in Word and not in PDF format) is technically committing fraud.

Male agents in particular who commit this crime should have their testicles fried with an oxy-acetylene torch, following by having a fire-extinguisher (wrapped in barbed wire of course) shoved up their bottoms. That would teach them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jed
        X-permie numpty again.

In my experience references are purely so the agents can ring up and hassle people, I've employed dozens of contractors and never received references from the agents - and I know from chatting to the contractors afterwards that they've been asked to provide them because 'the client insists on it' - and I've hardly ever been asked to provide a reference for someone who's put me down as a referee
        where wuh wuh?

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?

Thx.

Hey BI - what's OXYMORON ??? is it yr way of saying i'm an eejit for asking dumb q's on fri fun day ???

Comment

Originally posted by Jed
            Thx.

Hey BI - what's OXYMORON ??? is it yr way of saying i'm an eejit for asking dumb q's on fri fun day ???
            It is now

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
              It is now
              but only if it's in capitals and double-spaced, otherwise it's just a contradiction in terms
              Carpe Pactum

Comment

Originally posted by Jed
                Thx.

no, [ look up in dictionary ] it's a way of saying that"agent" and "integrity" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

In answer to your question [ as you haven't had one yet ], I tend to find in my line of work that for say a 6 month contract I'll end up doing a lot of different stuff, say BA work, PM work etc.

When I then go for a role advertsied as PM, there's no point is me saying my last role was BA, even if I did some PM work - so I tend to say the role was PM/BA, then highlight all the Pm stuff.

It's really just a way of getting your cv in front of the client, rather than them binning you straightaway even if you'ce got the right credentials...
                Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
                  no, [ look up in dictionary ] it's a way of saying that"agent" and "integrity" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
                  yes, like "civil service" or "Militgary intelligence" or "British gastronomy" or "Microsoft Spellchecker"... need any more examples?

EDIT: Last one being proven by spelling of first example.......
                  Carpe Pactum

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
                    Oxygum

Comment

Working...
                    X