• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About to switch to Ltd...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to switch to Ltd...

And have a couple of quick questions:

1.) can I invoice for dates before the Ltd was formed? I'm still with the umbrella now but next payroll is a month away and by then I'll have my own Ltd.

2.) After this current contract I'm going permie again (abroad). What are the consequences of leaving the Ltd open (not invoicing or perform any work under it)?

Thanks.

1. Nope. Not from the company at least - it didn't exist until you registered it and it's a seperate legal entity from you.

2. You can easily make it dormant to save you having to do much admin. Companies House will provide advice.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

1. Yes as long as the invoice date is after the formation date of the company. You may need to get your contract changed though and check this out with agent/client first.

Edit: me an oracle smith have 2 different options. Depends on the type of work you do. I could get away with this as I deliver all my work in one hit (i.e. they get a report or recommendation). If you are on site everyday doing support type work that may be different.

2. Just list it as inactive. Other that filing some accounts saying you didnt do owt in the year then there is not much to do.

Comment

Working...
      X