• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gameport problem on new motherboard....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameport problem on new motherboard....

Enough of all this work-related anorak stuff, lets get to grips with a far more critical problem..

Have upgraded PC with new motherboard: ASUS A7V8X.
    The gameport plugs in - along with two USBs - as an extra to the board. I've installed all the relevant drivers, chipset stuff, etc, etc but W2k will not see the gameport.

It has onboard audio. Everything else works but the bloody gameport and I am well peed off because I can't plug my trusty old Forcefeedback Pro in to shoot down some US planes over Germany.

There must be some PC guru out there who knows the fix to this!! Pleeeassee!!! :\

My guess is it is conflicting with something else, but I can't find what and I've installed all the updates and sound driver stuff I can get but to no avail.

Dinner with Nicole Kidman and a knee trembler to the lucky spod out there who can solve this little conundrum.....

re:

Have you looked in Control Panel > System > Devices -- if you've got a device conflict it should tell you. To resolve the conflict you can alter the IRQ range.

Comment

Check your BIOS settings -- it may have been disabled there.

This forum maybe of some use: www.examnotes.net/article1009291.html

Comment

Working...
      X