• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

conspiracy theories about July 7

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conspiracy theories about July 7

7/7 bombs staged, say one in four Muslims

A quarter of Britain's two million Muslims believe Government agents staged the July 7 suicide bombings, a new survey has found.

They think the four men named as the killers of 52 passengers on the London transport system were not responsible for the attacks.

The poll, for Channel 4 News, discovered that conspiracy theories about July 7 are rife among Muslims - similar to those about the 9/11 attacks in the United States.

More than half of the 500 Muslims polled also felt the security services had made up evidence to convict terror suspects. Muslims claimed the CCTV images of the four men arriving at Luton station en route to London were ''faked''. Others said the men were made ''convenient scapegoats".

Some even dismissed as fakes the "martyrdom" videos left by Mohammed Sidique Khan and Shehzad Tanweer admitting responsibility for the bombings.

A survey after last summer's alleged plot to blow up trans-Atlantic airliners suggested that a growing number of people fear that Britain faces "a Muslim problem". More than half of the respondents to the YouGov survey said Islam posed a threat to Western liberal democracy.

Muslim groups say they are increasingly alienated from mainstream society, have no role models in key positions and are not listened to when they criticise foreign policy in Iraq and the Middle East.

Typical. It is always someone else and always the muslims that are being persecuted. Hypocritical Lunatics.

Comment

i love conspiracy theories. Watched the series they did on bbc 2 and especially like the 911 episode. Some of the things they were say that were not told at the time do make you think.

Like how a building opposite the twin towers which was the home to secret service collapsed shortly after the towers did with the conspiracy that they blew up the towers in a controlled explosion to provent major damage if the towers went sideways and then to hide all evidence this building was also demolished. Even the footage of both towers and building number 7 (i think it was known as) all looked like controlled explosions. What is very interesting is how you can see lower down on twin towers small explosions as the tower crumbles.

Can't wait till we get some theories on this one.

Is it true that after 50 years the government / secret service have to reveal anything the did (50 years ago) ??

Our thoughts are with the family and freinds of all those who have been caught by the attacks and hope that they get some answers soon.
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

I thought that 9/11 theory was debunked? I watched that and it sounded like drivel to me.

edit: whoops, did say 7/11
        Last edited by wendigo100; 5 June 2007, 10:08.

Comment

conspiracy theories =

Comment

There are still files not released after 50 years. I doubt they'd ever have to release them if they didn't want to.

I don't buy government conspiracy theories simply because I've worked for long enough in the public sector to doubt the government's competence to carry something like this off.

Comment

If anything, its most likely they knew of the plot (11/9) and did nothing, it was after all very politically expedient. Not a great fan of the elaborate conspiracy, at the same time anyone who believes governments don't get up to nefarious activity is naive beyond belief.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 5 June 2007, 09:16.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not a new thing and there are quite a few unanswered questions about 7/7, like:
                • Wasn't it convenient that just before the bombs went off there was a power surge through the network that knocked out all CCTV in the London Underground.
                • One surviving eye witness who saw an explosion said there was no man of asian origin in the carriage where one of the bombs blew up, and he also said that the floor exploded upwards. His opinion was a bomb on the tracks.
                • Most injuries that were treated were burns, whereas the explosives we have been told were used produce an endothermic reaction (i.e. no heat)
                • The bus that blew up was serviced by an unknown service man 2 days before it blew up. The service man spent an hour servicing the CCTV camera in the bus, yet the camera didn't work and no footage was recovered and the blast appears to have come from the general location where the camera should have been.....
                • Wasn't it conveniant that they had the UK's top expert in disaster management in one of the tube stations where a bomb went off running a simulated exercise on how to manage a disaster where bombs went off in the London underground.....
                It truly wouldn't surprise me if the powers that be had a hand in the 7/7 bombings in some way. They may have made it all up and blamed the muslims who have been named as the bombers, or they may have helped it on its way ensuring that when the guys tried to detonate they really did a good job. Either way the timing was very conveniant and gave Blair a valid enemy for the public to focus against.

What I find surprising is that these 4 people were so successful, yet nobody else has even come close. Bear in mind that most terrorist plots that are uncovered end up being nothing, are shunted under the carpet and the people arrested are released without charge.

Comment

I suspect that this is a theory initiated by groups that are too cowardly to admit responsibility for their actions. Instead they prefer to continue to bleat about lack of integration, while continuing to slate the West and everything it stands for....

Hypocricy

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    If anything, its most likely they knew of the plot and did nothing, it was after all very politically expedient. Not a great fan of the elaborate conspiracy, at the same time anyone who believes governments don't get up to nefarious activity is naive beyond belief.
                    They may have been aware of some background noise, but knowing of specifics regarding a plot and not acting on it would be gross dereliction of duty ... not sure what the benefit to the Government would be either?

Comment

Working...
                    X