• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making quarterly PAYE payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making quarterly PAYE payments

Hello people. Can somebody do me a favour and confirm something for me please. I want to make PAYE payments quarterly. I was told by one person in HMRC that I need to fill in a form and sent to my accounts office but by someone else that I need do nothing as all new companies are initially setup for quartlerly payments. I have finally after a month managed to get through to my accounts office who said all companies are setup quarterly.

But ... Because all the documentation I can find says you need to gain approval first before paying quartlerly I'm a little bit cautious and want to double check this. Can anyone here confirm that what I am told about quarterly defaults in correct? Thanks, Lewis.

Yes.

It was me that told you on here that all new companies are set up as quarterly by default.

The reason I know? I used to work for HMRC (or the Inland Revenue as it was then) in the Collectors, and my job was to collect from small employers who hadn't paid after the first quarter or, if they were still on the default setting, assess how much their monthly payments were and manually change them from quarterly to monthly status. I rang an ex-colleague who is still there when you brought this up last time and she confirmed that it all still works th same.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbird
      Yes.

It was me that told you on here that all new companies are set up as quarterly by default.

The reason I know? I used to work for HMRC (or the Inland Revenue as it was then) in the Collectors, and my job was to collect from small employers who hadn't paid after the first quarter or, if they were still on the default setting, assess how much their monthly payments were and manually change them from quarterly to monthly status. I rang an ex-colleague who is still there when you brought this up last time and she confirmed that it all still works th same.

HTH.
      Thanks Bigbird. That's great. Sorry for doubting you. I'm never quite sure where people get their information from so am keen to double check. I did get told different things from HMRC. Good to know there are people with this sort of knowledge on the forum. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

[Edit] p.s. I assume it doesn't matter that I made one payment monhtly. i.e. I can skip next months without any issue as long as I make the correct quarterly payments.
      Last edited by Lewis; 5 June 2007, 10:00.

Comment

Working...
      X