• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recession on the horizon?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recession on the horizon?

There seems to be some financially savvy people on here; and I have seen some references to an impending recession.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the next 12 to 24 months holds?

Do I lower my mortgage payments or invest my cash into another property? I could be stuffed if a recession does hit!

The world economy is booming. Most stock indexes are at the dot com levels. but these are due to genuine economic growth.This time its different.
    There will be no recession.

Comment

never, human behaviour has changed. People no longer get greedy or scared, we live in moderate times where there is never panic and never will be again.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn
        Do I lower my mortgage payments or invest my cash into another property? I could be stuffed if a recession does hit!
        Pay off your mortgage and other debts. Then squirrel away some nuts for the winter. Sell dollars, buy gold. Read "Wake Up" by Jim Mellon.

Comment

There seems to be some financially savvy people on here; and I have seen some references to an impending recession.

Spending it on scratchcards would give a better return than property right now.

D&H is always the fallback investment stragey.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            The world economy is booming. Most stock indexes are at the dot com levels. but these are due to genuine economic growth.This time its different.
            There will be no recession.
            You know the bubble is about to burst when you have people telling you to invest invest invest because you can't loose because it's not a bubble this time round....

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
              D&H is always the fallback investment stragey.
              D&H?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                Pay off your mortgage and other debts. Then squirrel away some nuts for the winter. Sell dollars, buy gold. Read "Wake Up" by Jim Mellon.
                That is my kind of thinking especially with the interest rate rises.

I am reasonably lucky as got a 2yr fixed rate mortgage agreed in May last year but my move took 7 months. Luckliy the lender still honoured my agreement. However wouldn't want my mortgage amount with the rates today!

Comment

Borrow up to the hilt and buy Chinese stocks.

You will double your money in 6 months.

You cannot lose. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
                    Borrow up to the hilt and buy Chinese stocks.

You will double your money in 6 months.

You cannot lose. Trust me.

Why cheese sticks?

Comment

Working...
                    X