5th June 2007, 13:51
not me

champagne all round...

wendigo100
5th June 2007, 13:56
It'll be all right.

Ardesco
5th June 2007, 13:59
David Quantrell, Vice President of HP Software EMEA said the responses about the effect on careers of late projects showed that IT departments are not being held responsible. "This shows the lack of accountability of IT departments in delivering business results," he said.

Nothing to do with the businesses users lack of ability to tell IT departments what they want before the code is written then.......

threaded
5th June 2007, 14:00
I hate to see complacency prevail in our lives when it's so directly contrary to the teaching of Christ.

Churchill
5th June 2007, 14:04
Nothing to do with the businesses users lack of ability to tell IT departments what they want before the code is written then.......

Nothing to do with the software departments inability to effectively capture the requirements then, eh?

freakydancer
5th June 2007, 14:05
I hate to see complacency prevail in our lives when it's so directly contrary to the teaching of Christ.

Christ also loved all men. That makes him gay.

angusglover
5th June 2007, 14:06
I blame the parents...

zathras
5th June 2007, 14:07
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6720547.stm

Who cares?

That's what you get when you get EDS, Accenture et al to staff your projects. What you should do is get some contractors in to do it!

Ardesco
5th June 2007, 14:12
Nothing to do with the software departments inability to effectively capture the requirements then, eh?

I didn't say it was all the fault of business users :), 6 of one and half a dozen of the other IMHO.

Either way just lumping it onto the IT dept sounds like standard manager bullsh*t when they realise thier project is going tits up. Can't be anything to do with thier mis-management can it....

Bluebird
5th June 2007, 14:19
I didn't say it was all the fault of business users :), 6 of one and half a dozen of the other IMHO.

Either way just lumping it onto the IT dept sounds like standard manager bullsh*t when they realise thier project is going tits up. Can't be anything to do with thier mis-management can it....

Classic us and them.

If it's run by IT then it's their fault, and the if it's a business inititive then it's the business managers fault...

... sooner or later these managers might realise they actually work for the same company...

swamp
5th June 2007, 14:32
"The three most common causes for delay were outsourcing, changing priorities half way through a project and poor co-ordination between managers."

Sounds like the problem lies with European IT mangers, and not the workers (if you care to make the distinction).

BrilloPad
5th June 2007, 14:34
That's what you get when you get EDS, Accenture et al to staff your projects. What you should do is get some contractors in to do it!

hear hear

tino
5th June 2007, 15:27
hear hear

:spel "here here"

cmon lil fishy bite bite bite

pisces
5th June 2007, 15:29
It's a buzzword where I work.

Churchill
5th June 2007, 16:00

cmon lil fishy bite bite bite

Word to the wise...

you can be seen when quoted...

Red 7
5th June 2007, 16:01

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

TinTin
5th June 2007, 21:38
As anyone that has worked in a Gov't paid contract will tell you, as a contractor you love it, but as a tax-payer you hate it, because of the incompetence and the waste. A year ago, the NHS through Accenture were paying an army of contractors up in Leeds and other sites that were doing practically nothing for months. Now they can't afford to pay the front-line doctors and nurses. I'm worried though that, as a result of all the past failures, there may be a lot less public IT work in future. What do you think?

Bluebird
6th June 2007, 08:12
As anyone that has worked in a Gov't paid contract will tell you, as a contractor you love it, but as a tax-payer you hate it, because of the incompetence and the waste. A year ago, the NHS through Accenture were paying an army of contractors up in Leeds and other sites that were doing practically nothing for months. Now they can't afford to pay the front-line doctors and nurses. I'm worried though that, as a result of all the past failures, there may be a lot less public IT work in future. What do you think?

Government "inititives" will ensure that the work will not dry up, plus a number of gvt agencies are self funding anyway...

tino
6th June 2007, 08:41
Word to the wise...

you can be seen when quoted...

I hate this board :D

wendigo100
6th June 2007, 09:43

cmon lil fishy bite bite bitewhere where?

Old Greg
6th June 2007, 09:47
But how much were Accenture actually being paid for their idle contractors? They made a considerable loss on the contract before they pulled out.

threaded
6th June 2007, 10:08
They made a considerable loss on the contract before they pulled out.

Only on paper, reality is different...

Old Greg
6th June 2007, 10:19
Only on paper, reality is different...
Ah - the secret reality. Say no more :wink