• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is your accountant local?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your accountant local?

Just debating on which accountant to go with and whether to pay (what i think are high fees) for the following:-
    http://www.nasaconsulting.com/intro.html @ £130 a month
    SJD accountancy @ £85 a month (does not inc IR35 appraisals)

or stick to local guys who i have no recommendations for!

do people on here choose their accountants local or find it easy to use if say they lived 200 miles away and used email/faxes etc to get there documents back and forth?

maybe's as an additional question, what do people pay a month for their accountant?

Originally posted by mark09
    Just debating on which accountant to go with and whether to pay (what i think are high fees) for the following:-
    http://www.nasaconsulting.com/intro.html @ £130 a month
    SJD accountancy @ £85 a month (does not inc IR35 appraisals)

or stick to local guys who i have no recommendations for!

do people on here choose their accountants local or find it easy to use if say they lived 200 miles away and used email/faxes etc to get there documents back and forth?

maybe's as an additional question, what do people pay a month for their accountant?
    Nixon Williams are even cheaper and provide an excellent service (I'll be waiting for the £10 cheque in the post, Alan )
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

I went with SJD and they seem cool. I am a financial numpty but I have a very helpful accountant called Suzanne from SJD and she gets all my stoopid questions and answers them all...

She also sounds kind sexy so that helps...lololol

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
        I..but I have a very helpful accountant called Suzanne from SJD and she gets all my stoopid questions and answers them all...

She also sounds kind sexy so that helps...lololol
        perfect, just what I need, can I have her number

Comment

nasa appear to say all the right things although there fees @130 are very high.
          Do SJD/Nixon charge extra for other areas of the accountancy package, including for VAT Accounting, Self Assessment and mortgage/credit applications?

i am based in newcastle (sjd have an office here) but nixon is miles away as is NASA....would this be a problem you think?

i must admit with my other half on maternity leave i have tightened our belts and although i have a contract due to start next week i loth paying upfront costs for setting up ltd company so nixon has that advantage at the moment....i know before you say i am leaving all late to set up the company get an accoutant in place and set up a busiess account

Comment

did i read right somewhere that Nixon set up your company for free??!?!

Comment

did i read right somewhere that Nixon set up your company for free??!?!
              providing you stay with them, if you change with 12 months I think they ask you to pay the money back...
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

nasa appear to say all the right things although there fees @130 are very high.
                Do SJD/Nixon charge extra for other areas of the accountancy package, including for VAT Accounting, Self Assessment and mortgage/credit applications?

i am based in newcastle (sjd have an office here) but nixon is miles away as is NASA....would this be a problem you think?

i must admit with my other half on maternity leave i have tightened our belts and although i have a contract due to start next week i loth paying upfront costs for setting up ltd company so nixon has that advantage at the moment....i know before you say i am leaving all late to set up the company get an accoutant in place and set up a busiess account
                Nixon Williams don't charge for VAT Accounting and Self Assessment. I am not sure about the other services, but I am sure you can find all the relevant info on their website or by just giving them a call/emailing them.

With regards to physical location, I find it to be irrelevant and never had any problems getting in touch with them. Every query, be it by email, telephone or letter has always been dealt with promptly and efficiently. Also, as you mention, they take care of seeting up your ltd and business bank account with Cater Allen for free (and you won't have to pay the bank monthly fee if you open the account through Nixon Williams)

<cheecky mode>Make it £20, Alan</cheeky mode>
                Carpe Pactum

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
                  providing you stay with them, if you change with 12 months I think they ask you to pay the money back...
                  yep!
                  Carpe Pactum

Comment

Accountants

Yep, we have clients throughout Europe, many of which will never visit our office and to be fair, don't really want to!!

Many of the accountants will form your company free of charge and set you up with those nice people at Cater Allen.

Comment

Working...
                    X