• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1 month rolling contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 month rolling contract

means what exactly?

You have a contract for a month. If its not renewed it ends.

Pretty much the same as a permie job with 4 weeks notice. At any time they give you notice you have 4 weeks left.

Comment

Originally posted by churkus
      means what exactly?
      you are about to get rolled over by your agency

It means effectively that you have a job for life until you are given a months notice
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I had a one month rolling contract for several years whilst doing my PhD. New contract every month. Several pages thick. By the end I had one complete filing cabinet draw filled just with the contracts. Sometimes they would slip up and I would work for several months without a contract. Then they would catch up. My pidgeonhole would overflow. Academia, yous just gotta lurv the mindset.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Strange!

I had a rolling contract once and I only ever got one set of paperwork. I think you guys should look up the definition of 'rolling' in this context.

tim

Comment

doesn't rolling put you in IR35 land if it's defined in ONE CONTRACT ?

as opposed to have a NEW CONTRACT each month ?
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
            X