• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wine Chateauneuf do Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine Chateauneuf do Boris

Boris Johnson is a brilliant writer, and today's column in the Telegraph is great not for what he says (which is spot on) but it is "the way he tells it".

There is however a serious point here, which is that many middle class people are drinking one to two bottles of wine every evening when they get home from work, causing liver problems. Judging from some of the gargled drivel that is posted here after 6 o'clock, I would imagine that there is a "healthy" contingent of "two bottles per evening plus" on this site

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle1884492.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../07/do0701.xml

The problem is that this is a very serious problem, because the people doing the drinking do not actually get drunk and smash the planet up, nor are they alcoholics in the sense that they drink from dawn to dusk. So instead of dealing with the problem NL and this stupid woman in the dept of health have trivialised it.

I can feel a "how much do you drink?" Poll coming on
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I have no problem with middle-class (interpret as: people earning respectable money) people doing 2 bottles of wine a night, because they're financing the time when the NHS has to deal with their demise.

I have a problem with lower-income folk smoking/eating their way into oblivion as they're the ones causing the financial defecit.

Comment

What a load of pape!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

I have given up drinking. I was drinking 1/2 bottle of red wine every day.

It was the thought of giving Gordon all that duty that did it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          What a load of pape!

SA you've been sneaking into that wine cellar again have'nt you
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Aye. Not smoking is attractive because you're effectively depriving Gordo of funds. Quitters - that should be adequate motivation.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yay, more pictures of Caroline Flint!
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                SA you've been sneaking into that wine cellar again have'nt you
                My dad made his own wine for 20 years...I grew up in a house where you were classed as a freak if you didn't have a glass in your hand.

None of it ever made it to the cellar though...it was lucky to get into a bottle!
                At one point he had to start putting the day of the month on the labels - if we had one a month old it was a very special occasion
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Since when did council houses have cellars?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Since when did council houses have cellars?
                    Ours did!!! It was an amazing house...

Cellar = cupboard under the stairs.
                    Rooftop terrace = my bedroom wnidow which opened out onto the front door cover.
                    Vineyard = small part of the back garden where me dad used to plant potatoes (and bury bikes and washing machines for some reason!).

We were taught the benefits of an active imagination at quite a young age
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X