• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

heat in Bergen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heat in Bergen

31 degrees C in the sun today, is it the same in the UK? I'm melting here...

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...cle1824357.ece
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Blooming hot in Copenhagen too!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I found Bergen ( and the whole of Norway) a bit tedious... are you enjoying it there?

Apologies to any norwegians
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Troll, there can be no question about it; in the short time I’ve been here I’d say Norwegians enjoy a superior standard of living than their UK counterparts. You can live in the country and pay London prices for your food so you don't feel left out. Our home out here is like something out of Ikea, everything in it's place and place for everything. Air feels clean, everything is green, the local gym seems to be the moutain behind the town for many of the locals. I walk up struggling for breath while the cycle past me…

I'd also say the Norwegians are way more relaxed in the work place than the UK, have met up with other expats and they generally have the same opinion, sometimes the relaxed attitude is found to be annoying. I don't know myself I think I could adapt

http://www.imageshop.no/bergen/default.aspx?

http://www.visitbergen.com/

PS: sitting in shorts and t-shirt with music on and a fjord outside the window yes I'm at work!
        Last edited by scooterscot; 7 June 2007, 13:53.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

24 degrees C already not even 11am

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
            Troll, there can be no question about it; in the short time I’ve been here I’d say Norwegians enjoy a superior standard of living than their UK counterparts. You can live in the country and pay London prices for your food so you don't feel left out. Our home out here is like something out of Ikea, everything in it's place and place for everything. Air feels clean, everything is green, the local gym seems to be the moutain behind the town for many of the locals. I walk up struggling for breath while the cycle past me…

I'd also say the Norwegians are way more relaxed in the work place than the UK, have met up with other expats and they generally have the same opinion, sometimes the relaxed attitude is found to be annoying. I don't know myself I think I could adapt

http://www.imageshop.no/bergen/default.aspx?

http://www.visitbergen.com/

PS: sitting in shorts and t-shirt with music on and a fjord outside the window yes I'm at work!
            ... but what about he price of booze?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              ... but what about he price of booze?
              From my experience, just about every garden shed, roof void, spare room, appears to house a home brew and little distillery setup.

Or maybe it is just the kind of people I work with...
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                From my experience, just about every garden shed, roof void, spare room, appears to house a home brew and little distillery setup.

Or maybe it is just the kind of people I work with...
                nice

Comment

You get Viking style jugs of beer in the pubs, gar. The pubs were heaving last night.

I got a glass wine it cost me 140 Nok, about £12! But it was a rather fine Pinot Noir, it’s only pricey if you buy in public houses restaurants etc, buy it in the supermarket it’s the same price as you’d pay in tesco’s, seriously. I’m usually in the UK often enough to import my 3 litres get back home sit out on the balcony and admire the view, life is tough. Almost lunch time! The work shy %”£%£$”£ the lot of them I tell you…

Comment

Which tugger gave this thread 5 stars?

Comment

Working...
                    X