• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Whoopee Doo!! Another C4 Race Row

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Whoopee Doo!! Another C4 Race Row

So feckin' what? She's using language that's banded around most British boozers most night of the week. Does C4, the governement and all the other bleating, handwringing do-gooders really beleive that Britain is a multicultural, harmonious society where no one group thinks ill (rightly or wrongly) of another group? My ar$se!

And by some quirk of double-logic, if I were a Black rap artist, using the N word would even raise an eye brow. If I were a White rap artist doing the same, well that's a different story. It's obviously all down only to the word and not the conterxt.

Complete infantile bollox.

Right, what's next?

Originally posted by Kyajae
    Right, what's next?
    Zumerzet tire slasher: is it one man with a grievance, or a group with 'issues'?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

So feckin' what? She's using language that's banded around most British boozers most night of the week.
      What kind of pubs do you drink in ffs?!!!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

The Klu Klux Klan and Duck

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Ones that aren't half a rough as the ones in Geordieland

Comment

Ones that aren't half a rough as the ones in Geordieland
            You're right - some pubs in Newcastle and Sunderland can be rough as a badgers ar*e....but no one uses language like that! Get a grip lad!

I'm actually friends with a lad who used to head up the BNP up here, and even HE wouldn't come out with stuff like that!

Howey man, we've moved on since the 50's ffs - that term is never acceptable. And I dont think I'm being a particular "leftie" with this either.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

You're right - some pubs in Newcastle and Sunderland can be rough as a badgers ar*e....but no one uses language like that! Get a grip lad!

I'm actually friends with a lad who used to head up the BNP up here, and even HE wouldn't come out with stuff like that!

Howey man, we've moved on since the 50's ffs - that term is never acceptable. And I dont think I'm being a particular "leftie" with this either.
              I never said the term was accetptable. I'm pointing out that the term is used amongst groups of people who think alike and they don't conform to this idea that harmony exists. I suspect it goes on a lot more that people think. Also, who can use the term is a matter of double standards.

I've sat in pubs and earwigged conversations that use appalling racist language but when you hear it in context it's more as a result of percieved injustices that some white people feel as opposed to just outright pure hatred.

Comment

Wheeler's Pub ?

Comment

I think the word itself has been neutralised by the younger generation, due to music and tongue in cheek street talk.

So, I reckon it can be used in a non-offensive way. Entirely depends on the motive for saying it as to whether it is offensive, and to whom it is being said. (A young black friend wouldn't care. His older father might).

IMHO.

Comment

I never said the term was accetptable. I'm pointing out that the term is used amongst groups of people who think alike and they don't conform to this idea that harmony exists. I suspect it goes on a lot more that people think. Also, who can use the term is a matter of double standards.

I've sat in pubs and earwigged conversations that use appalling racist language but when you hear it in context it's more as a result of percieved injustices that some white people feel as opposed to just outright pure hatred.
                    No, you made out that pubs all over the country (and are implying that people all over the country) have the term bandied about as if it's the most natural thing in the world.
                    It wouldn't get said out loud in a pub where I come from without the person saying it being sent flying through a window. Sorry to burst your bubble like, but you're way off.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X